In 2012, a Partner Nation Ministry of Defense (MOD) implemented a Supply Chain Management (SCM) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) case to improve inventory accuracy, reduce material losses, improve accountability, and provide expanded asset visibility in inventory and transportation. The case includes the introduction, implementation and management of new enterprise asset management software, the leveraging of existing data management systems and establishment of standardized methods and processes. The project covers all operating sites for all Forces (Land, Naval, Air, Air Defense, Special Operations); all incumbent legacy management systems and management philosophies; and transitions from multiple, discrete and labor-intensive processes to a single, integrated, and fully automated efficient system.
Hawkeye Tracking provided supply chain management, transportation management, in-transit visibility capture, and information technology functional guidance to the MoD SCM project, including:
- Researched, developed, vetted and published the concepts of operations for the integrated supply chain management systems, activities, material flow, reporting and management
- Developed the functional and operational requirements for a new in-transit visibility system that aggregates in-transit information from a variety of sources and shares it with the integrated suite of supply chain management systems
- Established the functional content and capability of interfaces with US Government and Commercial systems
- Proposed a detailed integrated governance approach to supply chain management and oversight with roles, responsibilities and inter-relationships
- Proposed career path progression within the supply chain organizations and supply chain governance structure to identify and develop organic subject matter experts within the forces and the ministry of defense with the goal being self-sufficiency and operations tailored to force requirements
- Guided the review and implementation of Freight Forwarder operations and reporting
Hawkeye Tracking was a critical member of the MoD SCM project team and provided subject matter expertise and leadership that shaped the entire solution. Hawkeye designed and guided the supply chain integration efforts of the core team and provided perspective on other challenges facing the program. All solutions were developed with an understanding of the operational environment, a focus on establishing and growing supply chain management capabilities, and achieving the customer’s end state goal of independence and self-sufficiency.