2021 NAVAIR International Programs College Contractor Support Services Summer Program for Rising College Juniors and Rising Seniors
*Submit resumes to (https://navairisd.com/SummerIntern) no later than 2 April 2021
The NAVAIR Security Cooperation Programs Office (SCPO) mission is to advance U.S. strategic objectives by supporting key allied and International Partners with the acquisition, training and sustainment of U.S. Defense Systems on behalf of the Naval Air Enterprise.
We are accepting resumes for our 2021 International Programs College Summer Contractor Support Services (CSS) Program.
- This will be a paid position spanning 9-weeks (June 7-August 6, 2021)
- In support of NAVAIR’s International programs under a Contractor Support Services (CSS), contract vehicle. Participating CSS Companies include:
- Hawkeye Tracking Inc.
- Precise Systems
- All resumes will be forwarded to the participating CSS companies for review and potential interviews
- Work will primarily take place at Naval Air Station (NAS) Patuxent River and our Defense Contractor Support Services Partner facilities
- Applicants do not need to have current base access to be eligible for this position
The summer college CSS program is geared towards rising Junior and rising Senior college students looking to immerse themselves in NAVAIR’s International Programs
- Participating CSS Companies will partner with NAVAIR’s Security Cooperation Program Office to support the International Programs College Summer Contractor Support Services (CSS) Program
- Summer projects and Training will be a joint effort from the named Companies and NAVAIR’s International Programs
- International Programs College Summer Contractor Support Services (CSS) Program participants will focus on the various Product Support Elements within the International Sustainment Department and the Financial team
- Summer projects will perform critical program management, sustainment, technical, or business analysis of weapons systems
- College Summer CSS participant will collect, complete, organize, and interpret technical data and financial information relating to aircraft acquisition and product support services for NAVAIR’s international programs
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours towards a BA/BS from an accredited college/university prior to or by conclusion of this 9-week program to apply
- Must be entering your junior or senior year of college and be in good academic and financial standing with the college/university
- Experience with MS Office skills
- Students in the following degree programs will be given preference but not limited:
- International Studies
- Self-starter with the willingness to take initiative and create solutions
- Process improvement focus with the ability to see and suggest appropriate changes
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with peers, corporate representatives, and government officials
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
- Must be at least 18 years old and be authorized to work in the United States
- Students participating in the International Programs Internship must be U.S. citizens
- No annual leave. Candidates should be prepared to commit to the full 9-week program
- Relocation costs not authorized
- There are no immediate clearance requirements for this position, however students should have the ability to maintain and obtain a DoD Secret clearance; U.S. citizenship is required.
Participating CSS Companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
All interested applicants should submit their resumes to (https://navairisd.com/SummerIntern) no later than 2 April 2021.